Thursday, February 4, 2010

No one messes with my Jesus!

So tonight Zoe picked up this little card with a beautiful "castle" on it and asked who's card it was. I had totally forgotten it was sitting there.

A few days ago, some mormon missionaries had stopped by my house to share with me a bit about thier beliefs. I was polite and told them thank you for thier concearn, but that I simply did not agree with their beliefs. They invited me to their 20something group and wrote down thier phone number on their information card and handed it to me. Rather than get into an apologetic debate with them, I thanked them for stopping by and wished them well and they were on their way.

Back to tonight..... Zoe found this card tonight and asked who's it was and what it was. I told her that missionaries had stopped by from the Mormon church. Then, of course, she asked what the mormon church was. So I told her that they believe in God just like we do, but that they don't believe that Jesus was who we know he is. They believe that Jesus was just a prophet and that anyone can be the same as Jesus. Basically, they believe that Jesus was a god, but not the God. They also believe that anyone can become a god if they are righteous enough.

At this point, Zoe can hardly believe what she is hearing. What she did next made me want to laugh, although I knew I couldn't. She took the card, folded it up, threw it on the ground, and stomped on it, saying "Noone messes with my Jesus!" How's that for apologetics!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment